Connecting Networks (CCNA 4)
|Date:||04.04. - 23.05.2018|
|Aim of the course:||The course provides an integrated and comprehensive coverage of networking topics, from fundamentals to advanced applications and services, while providing opportunities for hands-on practical experience and career skills development.
The students who complete the "Scaling Networks" and "Connecting Networks" courses within 16 weeks will be able to go for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
|Target group:||The target audience is anyone who desires a practical and technical introduction to the field of networking. This includes field technicians, headend technicians, network operations center (NOC) staff, network engineers, network administrators, and network help-desk staff.|
|Prerequisites:||The following skills are beneficial, but not required:|
Prior experience with computer hardware, binary math, and basic electronics
Background in cabling
1 WAN Concepts
2 Point-to-Point Connections
3 Branch Connections
4 Access Control Lists
5 Network Security and Monitoring
6 Quality of Service
7 Network Evolution
8 Network Troubleshooting
|Study results:||Students who complete this course will be able to perform the following functions:|
• Explain network technologies
• Implement access control lists (ACLs) to filter traffic.
• Configure Ethernet switch ports.
• Design a small multi-site business network.
• Select WAN access technologies.
• Configure a serial interface to enable WAN communication.
• Configure an Ethernet interface to enable broadband communication
given service provider requirements.
• Implement remote access and site-to-site VPNs.
• Use monitoring tools and network management protocols to troubleshoot
• Configure monitoring tools available for small to medium-sized business
• Configure initial settings on a network device.
• Explain how quality of service (QoS) mechanism support network
|Course language:||in English|
|Volume:||lectures: 32 academic hours|
independent studies: 32 academic hours
|Credit points (ECTS):||2.0|
|Lecturer:||Mohammad Tariq Meeran|
|Contact:||Marika Tamm, 5145506, marika dot tamm at ttu dot ee|
|Price:||882.00 EUR / participant (VAT included)|