International Business Administration
Degree awarded: Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Workload: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 2 years
Pre-Requisites: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, employment of at least 2 years as a middle manager or specialist is required
Tuition fees and scholarships: 1 ECTS = 55 EUR. Nominal study load per 1 year = 60 ECTS/€3300, 4 tuition fee waiver scholarships available that guarantee free studies. Detailed information about the scholarship is available here
This programme uses the traditional content and curriculum of MBA studies and is tailor-made for future leaders in private and public life. The MBA programme focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, corporate finance, business to business marketing, organisational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more. In the programme design, key words are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality. Students will become experts in how to successfully do international business and they have the opportunity to study business environment in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
- According to Eduniversal Masters ranking, TTÜ School of Business and Governance`s MBA programme is among 10 best in Eastern Europe
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses, business model competitions and international summer schools
- Programmes provide a good blend of theoretical knowledge coupled with practical results-oriented training
The students can choose the topics for their graduation thesis among the subjects in basic, core and special studies and get knowledge about thesis writing in special Master Thesis workshop specialized in management, marketing, finance and accounting.
Some 80% of Estonian top CEOs, public leaders and managers are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance (according to the statistics carried out by Estonian business paper Äripäev). Many of today's graduates' knowledge and skills are recognised in diverse sectors; from the banks to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries. Great career success stories of our MBA graduates are mentioned daily in the mass media. The career perspectives and opportunities are not limited to the field of Business Administration, but are also present in IT, Marketing, Finance, Governance and many other areas.
As in many leading schools, TTÜ School of Business and Governance’s MBA curriculum blends current academic theories with practical business knowledge. The MBA program focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, organizational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more.
By choosing to study for an MBA at the School of Business and Governance, you choose to learn how to be a leader. You will have opportunities to become an expert in how to successfully do business in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge, skills, and experience are recognized in diverse sectors; from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.
TTÜ School of Business and Governance is an international and progressive school, delivering and applying original business thinking and teaching, informed by the contemporary commercial environment. 80% of Estonian top managers are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance (according to the statistics of Estonian business paper Äripäev).
In programme design the key words are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality. Comparability of programmes provides an opportunity to successfully participate in student exchange programmes, and in the future, to continue studies at doctoral level in any renowned university in the world.
Mike Wahl, PhD (Business Administration), MBA, MSc (Foodservice Technology) is associate professor of management at Tallinn University of Technology, Estonian Business School, and visiting professor at Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1. He is teaching corporate governance, strategic management, and master degree courses for master students. He is member of the International Corporate Governance Research Network, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), and Indian Academy of Management (INDAM). Before commitment to his academic career he used to work as manager in influential hospitality and retailing enterprises like Gloria, Kultas & ko, Reval Hotelligrupi, Hansa Hotel, Balt-Hellin, Strand, and Rimi Eesti Food Ltd.
Gunnar Prause is Professor of Business Development at the School of Business and Governance of Tallinn University of Technology in Estonia and he is board member of the Institute of Cooperative Studies at Humboldt University in Berlin. His working areas are entrepreneurship, innovation and SME management, supply chain management and business development. He enjoys a 15-year experience in European projects with a focus on logistics, innovation and regional development in Europe with a focus on Baltic Sea Region. Professor Prause lectured and was invited to presentations in numerous countries around the world and he published a large number of scientific papers and books.
Maris Zernand-Vilson is a Lecturer in management. She is teaching currently management, organizational behavior and human resources management. She has defended her PhD in the study of implementation of new management ideas. She has been supervisor for numerous research and graduation papers and has created and conducted executive trainings. She has been active in the field of schoolmasters’ development, leading the community activities and taking part in local government management. By her opinion, the educational renewal is the biggest challenge in the university at the moment and implementation of new learning styles is the most exciting part of job.
TTÜ School of Business and Governance
FORTUNATUS PER SCIENTIAM! – Success through knowledge!
TTÜ School of Business and Governance has been providing business education for 75 years. That makes the School of Business and Governance the oldest and the biggest school with its approximately 2000 students in its field in Estonia. TTÜ School of Business and Governance is the market leader in providing university level education in economics and business administration in Estonia
The majority of the leaders in the business and economic sector of Estonia are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Great career success stories of our MBA graduates are mentioned daily in the mass media. The career perspectives and opportunities are not limited to the field of Business Administration, but are also present in IT, Marketing, Finance, Governance and many others.
As in many leading schools Economics and Business Administration, TTÜ School of Business and Governance's academic trends blend with practical and professional knowledge. Priorities of our MBA programme focus on finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, institutions of the EU, theory of organization and management, business ethics, domestic and international business and more. By choosing the MBA programme at TTÜ School of Business and Governance, you will learn how to become a leader. The curriculum of this programme uses the traditional content of MBA studies. You will also have an opportunity to become an expert in the fields of the Baltic Region, the European Union, Scandinavia and Russia.
A major portion of today’s leaders in Estonia’s business and economy sector are graduates of TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge and skills are recognized in diverse sectors – from the central bank to the ministries, from the information technology and telecommunication companies to the commercial banks and industry.
The 2 year (120 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Entrepreneurship Studies (6 ECTS)
- Economics, Financial Management and Accounting (18 ECTS)
- Corporate Governance, Management and Marketing (30 ECTS)
- Special Studies (36 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (24 ECTS)
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- CV - at least 2 years working experience is required as a middle manager/specialist
- Online interview
Threshold 51 points - applicants receiving at least 51 points get admission to TTÜ.
Aspects evaluated during the interview:
- Why have do you prefer MBA programm over other study fields?
- Why do you want to study International Bussiness Addministration?
- Do you have any previous experience or connection to this field?
- What are in your opinion the most useful features of Business Administration academic program? Which subjects presented in the program are likely to be your favourite?
- What are your career plans for the near future? What about long-term career plans?
- Which of your personal traits and professional skills will be most useful when studying International Business Administration ?
- How willl MBA diploma acquired at TTÜ will help you to achieve your goals?
- As you should be aware, acquiring MA degree requires writing a thesis. Which topic and why would you choose for your thesis?
- How do you feel about writing and academic work and reading significant amount of academic literature? Is this something you can cope with and manage without problems?
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
The following is an estimation based on 2018/2019 fees:
Nominal study load for 1st year is 60 ECTS. 1 ECTS = 55 EUR. Cost: 3300 EUR.
Non-EU students must pay in advance for 60 ECTS (yearly load) before starting their studies.
A tuition-fee waiver is a non-monetary scholarship granted automatically to the best ranked candidates, according to the points earned in the course of admission. There is no separate application required. Decisions are made based on the DreamApply application. The scholarship is awarded for the whole study period. Recipients of the scholarships are required to study full-time, i.e. with a workload of at least 60 ECTS per year. If the student starts studying part-time, they will lose their tuition-fee waiver and will start paying for their studies.Scholarship
Please check here for scholarship options.
- Graduates are working as middle and leading specialists in Estonian enterprises as well as abroad, in the European Union and elsewhere. Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TTÜ School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge, skills, and experiences are recognized in diverse sectors; from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.
- All graduates interested in scientific research can candidate for PhD programme places at TTÜ School of Business and Governance.
"The reason I first came to study in Tallinn University of Technology was the fact that this university provides a truly innovative, friendly and international environment. As a person who comes from a trilingual family background and lived most of her life abroad, I have always been very impressed with how much care and effort the university puts in the education and wellbeing of its international students. After finishing my bachelor degree, I went to Germany for a year to start with my master’s degree. However, I had to realise very soon that I missed the motivating learning environment that TTÜ offers so I made a decision to move back to Tallinn to start with my MBA degree and continue working as the Head of International Affairs of United Nations Association Estonia."
Juliane Jokinen, Finland
Alumna of the International Business Administration
- Possibility to study one semester abroad free of charge in one of TTÜ School of Business and Governance`s 80 Erasmus partner universities
- Co-operation with Estonian corporate sector and state institutions (main partners are Swedbank, Bank of Estonia, SEB, Nordea, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc)
- TTÜ alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
"The programme not only provides students with high quality training in business administration but also bring to students an entrepreneurial awareness which is essential for today’s business success. In addition, the innovative teaching methods, approachable teaching staff, and modern learning environment will ensure an excellent learning experience. I would like to invite you to undertake the BBA programme in Tallinn University of Technology in one of the world’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions."
Xiaosong Zheng, Associate Professor
TTÜ School of Business and Governance